Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS) In Tamil Nadu 2018-19 [Application Form, Registration Process, Smart Card Download, Hospital List]
In the streak of launching benign schemes in the state, here comes another one – Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme. No doubt, you’ll scrutinize many states across the nation providing free health care in Government Hospitals for economically weaker sections of the society. But what if health treatment is done with an only focus on “Quality healthcare” more than anything. Here you’ll need expertise treatment from private hospitals for few serious ailments.
And, that’s how a life of Tamil Nadu state residents (only financially not-so-strong) changed after January 2012 with a launch of Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme.
|Name of Scheme||Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS)|
|In association with||United India Insurance Company Ltd|
|Sector Covered||TN State Area Only (130,060 km²)|
|Eligible Candidates||Annual Income less than Rs. 72,000|
|Toll Free helpline number||1800 425 3993|
|Other Contacts||If in rare case Toll-free doesn’t work, then users can attempt to contact Dr.PremSagar: 9840197538 (Medi Assist), Dr.Sree Ganesh: 9840329081 (MDIndia), Dr.Eyeshwarya: 7339369888.|
- Free surgical and medical treatments in private and government hospitals for economically backward classes are the sole aim of this scheme.
- Only certain specific treatments will get up to Rs 1.5 lakhs per year. Otherwise, with a total sum of Rs. 4 lakhs in 4 years, every single family is eligible for Rs. 1 lakh per year.Approximately 13.4 million people of Tamil Nadu State will be covered under this scheme.
- In short, this CMCHIS is a replacement to 2009 launched Kalaignar Insurance Scheme.
- Needless to say, not all 6.79 crores people (TN population) will be benefitted from the scheme. Rather, every member of a family whose annual family income is less than Rs. 72,000/- will be considered eligible according to official notification.
And reportedly, Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme will conceivably cover 1.34 crore people (19.73%) of a South Indian state, Tamil Nadu. But, two nimble marks to commemorate-
- Only VAO (Village Administrative Officer) approved income certificate will be accepted.
- Term “FAMILY MEMBERs” here better be elaborated as –
- Reliant parents of the eligible person;
- Children of the eligible person till they get employed or married or attain the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier, and who are dependent on the eligible person;
- Juridical spouse of the qualified person.
- As a part of identification proofs, a number of documents may be required depending on categories of the individuals. Since every member of a family whose annual family income is less than Rs.72,000/- is eligible. Thus, the salary/income certificate is mandatory to have.
- A certificate should be approved and authorized by the VAO (Village Administrative Officer).
- Besides, a demand for Ration Card, Aadhar Card and Relation Certificates may also be put up front.
Application Form for Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS) will be filled online but by (District Kiosk). All you need to do is to approach authorized and a nearby kiosk with the right set of documents.
Application process (Procedure Online / Offline)
Precisely, Enrolling or Application Form filling procedure is offline, not online.
- Family head/ member needs to visit district kiosk along with –
- Original Ration Card + Xerox Copy (of Ration Card)
- Family Income Certificate (Obtained by VAO)
- After confiscating biometric details and demographic, DK (District Kiosk) operator will authenticate the documents and will general and issue the eCard (Smart Card) after capturing the photographs.
Renewal Date & How to Renew
On January 10, 2017, almost five years after the launch of the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme, the state government set the renewal date. To solve issues of migrant workers, orphans and combined costs (while operating the scheme), renewal procedure was specially introduced.
With an annual premium payment of Rs. 1,069 crores with United India Insurance Company contract has been renewed for four-year terms on conditions to provide more than 1,100 treatment conducts comprising the reports of congenital anomalies.
EMI and Mode of Payment
With or without interest, the state government will bear Equated monthly instalments (EMI) as per terms of the scheme. Besides, payments will directly be issued to assigned hospitals without the inclusion of any third party agent in between.
To rectify low health quality treatment confrontations, back in 23rd July 2009, Tamil Nadu State Government also launched Chief Minister Kalaignar Insurance Scheme in addition to presently implemented Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme.
Smart Card Use Download
To constitute a fine line of disengagement between eligible and non-eligible candidates for a scheme in the region, the state government has also introduced – SMART CARDS.
To verify a range of treatment one is qualified for, at a referred hospital, help center will authenticate the Smart Cards. Depending upon requirements, a liaison officer at help centers will match identification particulars with those in Aadhar Card to Smart Card.
Further assigned hospital’s DMO will send a pre-authorisation request to a cashless facility to received amount/ money associated with the scheme for proceedings.
On the official website under the Hospital/DC List section of the top menu, a complete list of single specialty, multi-specialty and diagnostic centers can be analyzed. Besides, visitors can also learn about score criteria and grading legend under the same section.
As a part of the brief information, under Single Speciality portion, 166 different hospital names are available along with district name, score, and grades for a better selection. Check complete list here – https://www.cmchistn.com/hospitalList.php.
- Chief Minister’s B.Ed Anuprerana Yojana In Tripura 2018
- Chief Minister 1 Lakh Housing Scheme Karnataka 2018
- Tamil Nadu Amma Bio- fertilizer Scheme
- CM 35 Nakshatra Centers TB Diagnosis Tamil Nadu