Digital India – List of 8 measures by Haryana Govt. to Enable Cashless Payments
The state government of Haryana is taking all possible initiatives to help transform the state into Digital Haryana. The new move of setting up as smart city has been taken by the local state government under the Digital India Movement introduced by PM Narendra Modi nationwide. To successfully implement the very idea, the state government has announced to introduce eight new measures or steps to help promote the ideal of using cashless transactions for payment.
The new move has been initiated by the Local State government within the Haryana state for the fiscal year 2018-19. As a part of implementation the government has also made the selection of transactions that can be made via online mode directly. The new move was recently introduced under Digital India by the M himself.
- As a part of the new drive it is obvious that the local people of the state will be able to make payments for all domestic needs, government services and bill payments, electricity bills, water bills, merchant bill payments, gas bill payments etc. all via online mode.
- With the above mentioned drive it is obvious that state government has managed to place Haryana state on the top two positions for implementing cashless payment options for general public.
- For the fiscal year 2017-18, Haryana was also identified as number one and the only state in the country to make use of cashless transactions. To help people understand and get familiar with using cashless payment options, the state government has also decided to reward people with cash prizes worth INR 1000 / INR 5000 and INR 10,000.
- With the above mentioned implementation the state government also aims at motivating the local (Urban and Rural people) from making use of these options to help secure financial status.
Eight measures taken by the state government for motivating and implementing cashless transactions under Digital India move
There are a number of promotional offers and events that the local Haryana government is working on presently to help implement the cashless system of payments state wide. The total list of such events are mentioned here below:-
|e-GRAS Web Portal – www.egrashry.nic.in||Using this service it is possible for local people to make payments for using 96 services from over 22 distinct categories. The services refer to Online mode of accounting system and government receipts (e-GRAS) is a specialize type of services under good governance. It is also considered to be a section of IFMS (Integrated Financial Management System) and helps people understand how to pay taxes or revenue that is non-taxable. The system works both offline as well as online mode.|
|Cashless Mode of payments – www.cashlessharyana.gov.in||This is a type of web portal that is knowledge based and offers with understanding related to the progress of the state.|
|Atal Seva Kendra – www.csc.digitaljagriti.in (CSC VLEs)||This service is offered for all Seva Kendra as they are offering with online or cashless payment modes via BHIM App, AePS, e-Wallets and BHARAT QR. This is a type of awareness program that is run via the mode of web portal services.|
|BBP Platform (Bharat Bill Pay)||This is the type of web portal under which the people of the nation will be able to use the online payment options for purchasing domestic items. The services can be used for paying water, electricity, gas and other domestic payments via direct bank payment, or e-wallets using BBP portal.|
|POS- Installed machines||These are special machines POS that are installed on various locations within the state where you can make payments via debit or credit cards.|
|Pay-Gov App||The state owned web portals are already equipped with options for accepting online payments like PayGov, Debit/Credit cards, Netbanking, BHIM etc.|
|BHIM App for merchants payments||This benefit has been provided to each citizen of the state for making payments above Rs 4.83 lakh using the BHIM features.|
|DBT – (Direct bank Transfer)||This is one feature that is used for initiating most payments like scholarships, pensions and govt. subsidies. The amount is directly added to beneficiary bank account.|
The state government has offered with advantage to the people to make payments online without paying in cash. This would help in eliminating the need to carry cash for making payments of bills. This will further help in improving the economy of the state.
Places or areas where cashless payment options can be used
This is a new move that has been initiated by the state government of Haryana for promoting cashless transactions. People can make use of multiple options for going cashless including RuPay, Bharat Bill Payment, AePS, Bharat QR, BHIM App etc. you can also depend on IMPS or NEFT options. You can make use of these said options to make following payments:-
- Receive and make payment against all payments for Government bills, making the transfer of money into other bank account, making payments against bills like electricity, water, gas etc. or even for making the payment against the settlement of school fee for kids. The same modes can also be used for making payments when purchasing grocery etc.
As the system of payment is cashless so people can also make use of this option to make online payments for purchases from web portals. The state government has also announced to help offer people with incentives for using these services very often. There are options where these facilities can be used both on internet (Desk tops) and even via your personal registered mobiles.