New Door-to-Door Health Programme in Tamil Nadu
Blood Pressure and Diabetes are two amongst most common conditions that are believed to affect health of numerous people globally. Our changing life style is one of the reasons why more number of people presently is suffering from this condition. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu state have also taken a major step towards offering assistance to people suffering from these conditions.
With am aim to help regulate the incidence on account of diabetes and BP, a new scheme was launched by the state government health department.
Presently the state government has announced to implement the new project within the state on Pilot basis. The CM Edappadi K Palaniswami had officially announced for implementation of the scheme in Pudukkottai, Krishnagiri, Perambalur districts of the state. The new programme was announced for implementation in the state on 13th April 2018.
- The new programme that has been launched by the state government is a type of Door-to-Door health programme. To make the process of implementation more effective, the health department will ensure that paramedics visit the local people directly at their residential address.
- The government has also ensured that the paramedics will take complete record of the patient’s health and maintain the data with them. The major steep will be taken by the health department for regulating non-communicable diseases.
- In the initial stage the programme will also be implemented as a Pilot project in few selected districts of the state. In later on stages the programme will be extended to other districts as well. The government of Tamil Nadu aims at extending the services of the programme within 32 districts in the state.
- To make the process of implementation the government has also stated that it shall assign over 2223 health centers from the primary health services along with a few selected Hospitals from the government sector in the state.
- The CM had also mentioned that selected paramedics will be equipped by best equipments and services like BP machines, Glucometers, etc the moment they are visiting the households within selected districts.
- This exercise will prove helpful for the paramedics to take samples from the people who are suffering from BP and diabetics conditions. The patients will also be referred to nearby government health care centers for further assistance and medications.
- Apart from this the government will also offer the suffering patients with Insurance scheme for financial assistance. The government will also try and provide with other facilities like Cath labs, C Scan, Accelerators and MRI. The equipments will be financed by the state government under the scheme.
The state government has also stated that the above mentioned drive has been run by the government with an aim to regulate and control BP and Diabetes conditions amongst women of the state.