Fodder Distribution Scheme In Telangana
The state government of Telangana has decided to provide fodder for the sheep across the state. Alongside they will also provide sheds and water tubs to the beneficiaries of every sheep in the state. This will be started soon to facilitate the sheep population in Telangana.
The scheme was launched and announced officially on 1st April 2018. The state authority of Telangana has announced about the scheme. Fodder Scheme will soon start implementing. More than 2 Lac shepherds will get benefitted from the scheme.
- Fodder Crops: Fodder is a type of animal food. These crops are used to feed livestock. Sheep, Horse, rabbit, cows and such animals consume fodder crops. They are made of hays, straws and tiny grasses.
- Benefits: Under this scheme each shepherd will be able to receive 4 bags full of fodder crops from the state government of Telangana. These bags will be free of cost. Registered and eligible shepherd across the state will get the benefits.
- Beneficiaries: Currently Telangana state has 1.29 Cr sheep. Among these, 53 Lac were distributed by the state government under the Sheep Distribution Scheme in Telangana. There are more than 2 Lac shepherds are in the state as of now. All will be benefitted under the scheme.
- Budget Allocation: To feed these 1.29 Cr sheep, the state government will need nearly 88 Lac tonnes of fodder crops. Cost of fodder including the distribution process will cost Rs. 66 Cr to the state authority. The state has allocated the mentioned amount for the scheme.
- Water Tubs: Along with the free fodder bags, the state will provide water tubs and sheds for the sheep. According to the reports, there will be 17, 000 water tubs to be provided, among which 3000 tubs are already available, to the beneficiaries for drinking water facility. Animal Husbandry will supervise the implementation while Rural Development Department will fund the project.
- Sheds: Apart from water tubs and fodder crops, the state will also provide sheds for the sheep. Each shed costs Rs. 1 Lac. The government will provide them at 90% subsidised price to the shepherds. Sheds are provided to save the sheep from the heated summer. Total of 45, 000 sheds will be provided for 1.29 Cr sheep in the state.
- Insurance Claim: Shepherds will be able to get insurance claim immediately from now onwards. As per the reports, after death of the sheep, shepherds can claim for the insurance. The authority will clear the claim as soon as possible.
Telangana state is already providing stylo grass seeds at 75% subsidised rate to the farmers and the shepherds. Now, in addition to this scheme, the state government will provide fodders. This will enhance the condition of livestock in the state.