Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Yojana | PMSMA Scheme
Women are the mother of the nation, and it is on the women the growth of the nation depends on. Every nation must focus on the protection of the health of the women during their days of pregnancy as many sorts of complications can affect the health of the women at that time and it can also cause the death of the mother. Pregnancy is a blessing, and it must be taken good care of.
In the India 2015, India focuses on the Sustainable growth of the nation and is focused on achieving it in a broader way. Reducing the maternal mortality is very much important, and for that reason, the nation has come up with the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan.
BJP Government started some yojanas for Betterment of girls child and women of the country. Here you can go for the details of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Swadhar Greh Scheme and Maternity Benefits Scheme.
Women are gifted with the power to give birth to a human. Pregnancy is special, and for that reason, every woman must receive best medical attention during the pregnancy phase. Pregnancy is regarded as a very sensitive phase. During the pregnancy days, various other complications can also affect the health of the woman. As a consequence it can also affect the delivery and also can harm the health of the newborn. Some of the minor problems do not show proper indications in the initial phase.
Over the years India has made huge progress in all the fields, and it has also made a giant progress in the field of health. National Health Mission (NHM) is a kind of health program which was started to provide support to the health of the women and the child in the rural sectors of India. Later the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) came into being which provided support to the pregnant women. This program provided conditional transfer of the incentives to the pregnant women, and it provided Ante Natal Care (ANC), Post Natal care (PNC) and institutional delivery. Though there were certain barriers in these programs and for that reason, later Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram (JSSK) was introduced. Here in this program, all kind of drugs and care were provided to the pregnant women of India.
These schemes have vastly impacted the women of India, and from the survey reports furnished in the year of 2007-08, it was found that 47% institutional deliveries were possible. Later the survey reports of 2013-14 furnished that the institutional deliveries increased to 78.7%. Reports suggest that there is an increase in the institutional deliveries and 61.8% of them have received ANC in the first trimester (RSOC). But there is still a very low rate for the coverage of full ANC. The rate of maternal mortality is 167 per 1, 00,000 which is quite significant as compared to other developed nations.
There were still some issues in timely detection of the risks which prevented the birth of the child. This is only affected as there were no programs of entire protection for the pregnant women. Thus with the objective to provide full support to the pregnant women throughout the whole period, Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan came into being. This program is framed to provide support to 3cr pregnant women of India in the initial phase. A minimum package will be provided to every woman for the antenatal care services on the 9th day of every month, and it ensures that the pregnant women receive at least one free checkup on 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Services provided through PMSMA
- Women, who are registered under the PMSMA, can undergo for medical examination by the Medical Officer/OBGY. The reports of the investigation will provided to them within a hour so that she can carry them while going for any further medical checkup sessions.This helps in detecting the high-risk status (like anemia, gestational diabetes, hypertension, infection, etc.) which can affect the beneficiary.
Here we provide some details of the services which will be provided during Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA):
- A definite history of the patient should be taken and after that inspected and surveyed for any threat signs, confusions or any high-risk status. This will assist the doctors in giving a proper treatment to the individual.
- Blood Pressure, with every stomach examination and examination for fetal heart sounds ought to be accomplished for every one of the recipients seeking ANC check – up. It will eliminate the chances of serious health conditions.
- If a lady visiting a clinic requires a particular examination, test ought to be gathered at the office itself and transported to the proper place for testing. ANM/MPW ought to be in charge of transporting the gathered specimen; passing on the outcomes to the pregnant ladies and suitable arrangement must be done.
- All distinguished high-risk pregnancies ought to allude to higher offices and JSSK help counters that have been set up at these offices ought to be in charge of directing the alluded ladies once they reach out there. MCP cards to be issued to all recipients.
- One ultrasound is prescribed for all pregnant ladies amid the second/third trimester of pregnancy. On the off chance that required, USG administrations might be made accessible in a PPP mode and expenses booked under JSSK.