Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme Registration @ onlinedst.gov.in
Indian government has launched a unique scheme to support the young scientists of the country. This scheme is named Swarnajayanti Fellowship and it has been launched to celebrate the 50th year of independence of India.
Details of the scheme
|Launched By||Indian Government|
|Monitored By||Department of Science and Technology of Government of India|
|Scholarship period||5 years|
|Target Audience||Young Scientists|
Key Features of Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme
- Only the young scientists with a proven academic record will be eligible to avail the facilities of this scheme. The scientists will be provided with scholarship money for a period of five years.
- The young scientists will have to conduct their experimental and research works in the frontier areas of science and technology. The merit and track record of a scientist will be very useful in allocating them the scholarship.
- This scheme will be very specific in terms of money allocation. This scheme will only select the candidates who are ranked highly in their particular institute.
- This scheme will only provide money to the scientists individually. No institution will be able to avail the facilities of this scheme. All the scientists will have to work on their own with the given money.
- The selected young scientists will be given a scholarship of 25, 000 INR per month so that their research is facilitated. The scientists will be able to use this money for buying equipment or for acquiring other computational facilities. The scientist will also be able to use their scholarship money in case they need to travel to different parts of the country or the world.
Only the doctorate degree holders of the Indian continent will be eligible for this scheme. The applicants will have to ensure that their age is 30-40 as on December 31, 2017. They will also have to ensure that their field of study is engineering, medical or science. The applicants will also need to ensure their track record is good and along with that they must ensure that they have a regular job in any of the recognized research organization of India.
- Firstly the applicants will have to go to the official website of Department of Science and Technology of India. The address of the official website is http://onlinedst.gov.in.
- Then the applicants will have to register and log in to the official website and after that they will be able to apply online for the scholarship program.
- The applicants will have to provide authenticated details while filling out the application form. The applicants will have to complete their form and submit it within 31 March 2018, 5 pm. Only online applications will be accepted for this scheme.